How to Verify GMB Listing Without a Postcard
Postcard verification is the most popular method for verifying a GMB account. And despite its popularity, it is the slowest compared to other methods, which is why many businesses opt out of other options.
Steps on How to Verify GMB Listing Without a Postcard Verification
If you haven’t heard anything from Google despite waiting for 14-21 days and having them send a postcard multiple times, here are some steps you can do to verify your GMB listing without a postcard:
- Open your browser and log in to your Google My Business account (business.google.com). Then select the business location.
- Click the left-hand menu and scroll down to the Support button, then click it.
- When a box on the right pops up, scroll down to the bottom and click Contact Us.
- Type your concern in the box, ex. “GMB postcards have not arrived despite being sent multiple times.” Then click Next Step.
- After typing your concern, confirm the issue by clicking “Postcard didn’t arrive.” Then scroll down and click “Next Step”.
- In the Contact Options, click “Email” and fill out the following information:
- Email of the admin of the account
- Business name
- Maps link (include a dashboard link if applicable.)
- Cell phone number
Also, include 3-5 photos of the following:
- Business storefronts as seen on the streets.
- Business’ entrance with the signage showing the name of the company or business.
- Interior of your business, showing what the customers can see as they enter.
- Optional: link showing Google street view of your business’s neighborhood.
- Optional: Name and website URL of the establishment your business occupies, e.g. shopping mall or commercial building.
- In the optional information box, enter the Google Street View link.
- Enter your relationship to the business, e.g., owner, manager, agency.
- Case ID (if there is one available)
- Then click Submit.
After following these steps, you will immediately receive an email confirming receipt of your information at the email address you provided. A reply would be expected within 24 hours after sending the email. Google will either let you know if the photos you sent are enough proof or you will be scheduled for a video meeting if otherwise.
The video meeting will be in Google Meet between you and a Google My Business representative, where you will have them look around your business location. The video call could be scheduled from Mondays to Fridays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. (CST).
After the video call, your business should be a verified Google My Business listing.